Monday, June 30, 2008

Desperate Times call for Desperate measures...

In light of the recent serge in gas prices we decided to invest in a scooter for Justin to go to and from work on. It's a very cute, very red kind of vespa...I'll have to post pictures of it later.

So my only stipulation for Justin riding this thing around town was for him to have a helmet which he does. Until last night I had only that ONE stipulation.

Here's what happened.

Justin had a meeting at the church @ 6:00pm (we don't have Sunday night church, PTL). I decided not to go and just chill after my nap. So, he took the scooter. (Of course he finds any excuse to take this thing places.) It started storming at like 7:00. Not just rain and lightening, there was golfball sized hail. Needless to say, he decided to wait it out...becuase in FL we have terrential downpours for like an hour a day and then it's gorgeous.

Justin calls me at 8:00pm to tell me he's on his way.
I begin making dinner. (yes we eat very late)
8:30...I start to wonder where he is since we only live 15 min (tops) from the church
8:35...I turn off the oven, and venture out to look for him since he's not answering my phone calls
8:45...I'm almost to the church when he calls me...
I start bawling...questioning where he's been of course with the worst possible things going thru my mind.

He decided to stop by a friend's house to pick something up.
My reaction....What??!!! You're riding around on a piece of tin, right after a storm and you don't think to call your pregnant, hormonal, worry wort wife to tell her that you made a pit stop until 45 mins has past?????!!!

Needless to say, I have another rule for the scooter. You call to tell me your coming home and not home in the alotted amount of time, I'm sending out search and rescue.

Justin felt just aweful (and rightly so). I guess we'll get all these kinks figured out before too long. Geez!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

How great! My sister has decided to get a scooter to take to work as well! Can you imagine seeing your doctor riding down the street on a vespa?! LoL Or your youth pastor?!?!

Sallwat said...

I still want to ride on that thing...but I promise to follow the scooter rules.

Jenn said...

I wish I could take a scooter to work!!!! (I drive 90 miles/day and gas is reeee-diculous! I would have panicked too!

BTW... thanks for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it!