Friday, June 20, 2008

My heart...

Yesterday we had a doctor's apt. Just routine.

We heard the heartbeat!!!

This was such an overwhelming experience. I cried and cried. It was so amazing to hear the fast beat of my child's heart. Wow! I guess it made it all seem real.

It seems the moment you find out your pregnant you hear horror stories about others' pregnancies or children. You also have a stack of books shoved in your face; it's really a bit overwhelming. It's not that you are reading about the wonders of pregnancy, it's also the "what if's" or "this could happen's."

So, hearing the heartbeat was amazingly reassuring. I truly do have a child, our child, growing and forming in my womb. What a miracle from God. I can't even wrap my brain around it! As for the "what if's"....I know God is in control. I have prayed for healthy children for years and I know God will not give us more than we can handle.

I am so excited to start this new journey.

This child already has MY Heart!

No comments: