Monday, September 15, 2008

Control FREAK!

Do you ever just have those moments in life where you feel overwhelmed by life? Well, I've been having that kind of week. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that Justin and I are about to bring a child into this world. (ya think?!)
Scary thought....We're responsible for him.
Financially, emotionally, morally, the list goes on.

I have been an emotional wreck this past week. Not just because of said above, but because of other financial loomings. As mentioned in previous posts I am a known worrier. I do it in spite of Matt. 6:34, which I cling to. I don't know why I constantly struggle with worrying. It's not like God has left me out to dry in the past. He's always provided, always taken care of my every need. Why then do I constantly succumb to the thoughts and trappings of Satan? He knows right where to get me and that makes me angry.

Do you remember that childhood song, "He's still workin' on me"? How relevant is that even still?! I am certainly a work in progress, we all are. I am so thankful that God knows me and knows the desires of my heart, for my son, for my life. I know he will provide for us. I just have to be reminded that it's His timing not mine. Thank God HE'S in control and not me!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Jules, I would have that song tattooed on my behind if I could. He is in such control of our lives and when we step back, we see how much more in control He was than we ever could be! I'm a firm believe that God equipped you and Justin for Judah because of HIS timing! He's going to provide everything you two need to be the best parents ever!! Love ya!