Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Infection...

So I was up ALL night last night with a severe pain in my lower left back.

It all started at 9:00 pm Tuesday.  At first I thought I just had a pinched nerve and applied a cool compress...no release from the pain.  I got maybe 30 minutes sleep; the pain was excruciating. I was getting ready for work and couldn't even stand up straight. I decided to call my nurse neighbor and see what she thought I should do.  She immediately told me it was probably serious if it kept me up and I should call my OB doctor.

I called and went in.  They took my urine and ran it through a machine.  It came back negative for infection.  I was like..."What?  I know it has to be something, if it's not my kidney's I don't know what it is."  Can I just say thank God for women's intuition...the nurse knew something was going on with my kidneys so she ran the test again.  This time, it was positive. I met with the doctor and she said it was a good thing I came in because if I had waited any longer they would have sent me to triage to get an i.v.  

Another plus is I got to hear the heartbeat again and the baby is fine!  I also felt movement last night as I tried to get comfortable on the couch with a heating pad.  It felt so weird!!

So I have an infection, on antibiotics, pain killers, heating pad and have doctor's orders to stay home for the remainder of the week.  I also have to make sure I don't get a fever or I'll have to go to the hospital.  At this point I'm feeling much better than I did last night!!! Praise the Lord.  So if you think about it, I'd appreciate your prayers.  Much love peeps.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

That does not sound fun! Hope you are doing better and I'll keep you in my prayers! love ya!

The Life of Rookie Parents said...

I had so many kidney infections while pregnant! I know your pain! The pain can be really scary when you dont know what it is. Hope you feel better soon

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear about your KI, but I'll definitely be praying for a speedy recovery!!!!

Josh Lane said...

it's Joyce...
ummm so you felt the baby move and did not contact moi? What the crap?