Monday, July 21, 2008

I love you more than you know

So yesterday at church the Lord totally took over the second service. Pastor called for those to come to the alter that needed prayer. Needless to say there were a ton of needs. There was a specific lady that was down there that I felt the need to pray for. Lets call her Linda. She and her husband are in the process of adopting a little girl from another country. It's actually a country that is really difficult to deal with in processes like this.

Linda came down to the alter with a picture of their little girl, who is just gorgeous! She's about 4 or 5 months old and they are hoping to have her by Christmas. Linda got a call last week from the orphanage that there little girl has been diagnosed with "failure to thrive". This is when babies lack the love and nurture that they need. Yes, we all need, must have LOVE and affection in order to grow and live.

This situation broke my heart! I can't imagine having a child that is rightfully yours that you can't love, hug, kiss whenever you want...especially when it's necessary to survive. My heart is heavy for this family and we are just believing that God is going to open the right doors for this child to come "home".

While praying for this stoic mother, I think I realized how much I already love the child growing in my belly. It's kind of hard to wrap your brain around the fact that your child is growing in your womb. Especially since I haven't felt it move or been sick, sometimes it doesn't seem real. Regardless of the fact that I pray for this child constantly, I think yesterday I truly fell in love with this child.

Some people may say how do you love something you've never even seen?? Faith and Trust. The same way that we put our hope and trust in the living God that we have never seen, I have a love for this child that I have never seen.

No comments: