Thursday, July 17, 2008

ACTIVITY

We had a Dr.'s appointment this morning and it went well. I have stayed the same weight as 4 weeks ago. (Only 2 lbs. gained to date) Everything else looks good.

We decided to decline what's called a triple screen test. This test is taken around this time and will test for things such as Down's Syndrome, Spinal Bifida and other diseases. So why did we decline? Well, first of all, the test usually comes back with a false/positive reading which can normally send the mother into panic mode and then you'll find out later on it's negative.
So, our question was why the extra stress and worry which is not good for mom or baby! Besides one of the reason's for this test is to see if you want to terminate the pregnancy based on the test results....NEVER!!! Just because one of these things might happen doesn't mean this child doesn't deserve to live! So, we opted out. We're convinced that God will not give us more than we can handle and we have been covering this child in prayer since before it was conceived.

Moving on to better and brighter news. The doctor went to listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler thingy...he said "don't you feel that?" I was like, "what?" He said, "this kid is all over the place." As soon as I find the heartbeat it moves to the other side. It was hilarious! He was all over the place with that doppler trying to get a heartbeat for at least 5 seconds or so. He finally got it and said it sounded good.

So I guess we have an Active kid on our hands. I wonder who it gets that from? (Justin for sure!) I wish I could feel the movements but I can't yet or maybe I think it's gas! Ha. I so enjoy going to the doctor and learning new things and hearing that heartbeat...it's so reassuring.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

What day do you find out what you're having?