Monday, January 5, 2009

Sike...

We went to Triage this morning at 7:00 am as ordered by our Doctor for a Non-Stress Test. We got there and only had to wait maybe 10 minutes and they took us back. They hooked me up to the monitor and said this should only take about 30 minutes. Well, 30 mins. came and went. It showed me having contractions, which I knew I was and the nurse said well maybe you'll get to stay today if these keep up. (Oh, I was hoping so!!) The nurse came in and had me readjust so maybe Judah might start moving more. (For someone who was doing summersaults in my belly the night before, he picked a fine time to be still...I think I'm seeing a pattern here with the stubborness!! lol) The nurse then ordered for me to have a diagnostic screening (I think that's what they called it), in other words a sonogram to check the baby and make sure he looked okay. I was excited about this!! We got into the sonogram room and the technician said it was a 30 min. test to count 10 movements. He had moved 10 times in a matter of like 5 mins. He looked really squished in there and we saw part of his face. It looks like he has really cubby cheeks and my pointy chin. Aaa...I'm so ready to meet him!!!

So, my doctor read the strip of paper that had the baby's heartbeat and my contractions and told me to come into his office. That's right...I had to leave the hospital. I didn't get to stay. He checked me and I'm the exact same as I have been for the past 3 weeks. NO PROGRESS. Geez. Well at least there is an end in sight. Thursday, Jan. 8th will hopefully, most certainly be baby Judah's grand entrance into the world. I can't wait!!!!

3 comments:

Justin M. Johnson said...

Jules, you are doing so great and I am so proud of you and the amazing mom you have already become. Just hang in there...God knows the perfect time for Judah's grand entrance. I love ya!

BrittanyWebb said...

Congratulations...just a few more days. You can almost start counting hours now!

Abigail said...

I'm anxiously awaiting his arrival! I told Cameron and Arhmin tonight I've been thinking about you every day hoping this is the day! I'm so proud of you and your patience!