Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Journal Entry

Here is an excert from my journal. I figured I'd post one more time before I'm officially a mom tomorrow!!

Jan. 7, 2008

"Well it's the night before my induction and I'm home alone. It's Wed. so Justin has to preach. We did get to eat dinner together though. I picked up Outback and took it to the church. I got a Joey steak, sweet potato, salad, and managed to down a whole loaf of bread. This is my last meal until Judah is born. I am on a fast for the induction.
The induction is scheduled for 4:00am tomorrow, Jan. 8th 2009 (5 days after my due date). We have to be there at 3:30 to get registered so I'm planning on trying to get some sleep. (yeah right)
I stayed home from work today. I have been so uncomfortable, swollen and having back pain. I hate to complain though because this has been such a smooth pregnancy. I am truly blessed.
I couldn't help but feel so much anxiety today as I tried to relax. It seems that everything in the past 9 months and possibly my whole life has been leading up to tomorrow. I will be a mother. What an incredible gift! I almost don't feel worthy...or maybe it's that I'm scared and overwhelmed at the incredible responsiblity. I hope i do a good job. I certainly am clueless though. No matter how many books I've read, I'm sure nothing can fully prepare me for the love, joy, and responsiblity I will soon have.
Justin seems very excited and so laid back about the whole thing. He doesn't understand why I'm so emotional or anxious. Men and women are wired so differently! I know he will be an incredible father. He's so loving, patient, understanding and giving. He'll be a great friend and father to Judah.
We are both so looking forward to holding our baby boy. We pray for him to be healthy, for the labor to go smoothly and quickly, and for God's perfect will for his life."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep you in my prayers. and I promise once you see Judah's beautiful face all those feelings go away. You will be a terrific mother and our Lord will guide you every step of the way. What an exciting day tomorrow will be. Blessings!

Justin M. Johnson said...

Jules....you are so stinking amazing. You so underestimate yourself. The only reason I am so laid back is because I know the AMAZING mother you are going to be and the amazing mother you have already become. I can't wait to grow old with you and to see us both watch Judah become the man of God he will become. God's big things for Judah and He's gifted you with the chance to oversee it. I love ya, Babe. SMILE....It's gonna be a GREAT DAY!

The Life of Rookie Parents said...

Can't wait to see pics and I will definately whisper a few prayers for you!