Monday, November 17, 2008

Vent Session

Okay, I just have to get a few things off my chest...

Disclaimer: I have had an extremely smooth pregnancy and this is not a complaint about being pregnant because I've loved it, just wanted to give everyone out there some tips, pointers and what-not-to-dos. Much love!

If you know someone who's pregnant here is a list of things NOT to say to them...

1) "Wow, your about to pop anyday now, huh?" Not the best thing to do since you may not know excatly how long she has left and the fact that you think she looks like she's going to explode and they really have 6 more weeks can be a bit disheartening.
2)"Look at you, you're SO BIG!" I mean really, do you think that she already doesn't feel huge? The fact that someone else thinks that you look about as big as you feel doesn't really help the old self esteem.
3) "I think you've got an 8 pounder in there." Seriously? Are you a doctor? Did you give the last sonogram. With the anxiety of labor looming over her poor head, do you think she really wants to hear she may have "an 8 pounder in there"?

These are just a few of the comments I have recieved in the past couple of days. I am so much more aware of what not to say to expectig women now that I am currently in the situation. Not to mention, maybe the reason these comments hurt me is becuase I'm going on about 4 hrs. sleep for the past 2 nights. That's another one..."You look so tired"...Really, becuase I'm so used to carrying around all this extra weight and it's so easy to get comfortable at night, not to mention the countless times I get up to pee. Can you hear the sarcasim in my voice? I'm just a bit uncomfortable at this point. I only have about 6 more weeks to go and the weight is hurting my back, legs and poor feet and ankles...I mean cankles. Wow, I feel so much better getting all of this out.

5 comments:

Justin M. Johnson said...

Jules, you are so funny! You are doing so great with your pregnancy and you always look beautiful to me. Can't wait to see how great of a mom you will be. love ya!

Abigail said...

haha, you crack me up! You look B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!

Unknown said...

I totally understand everything you are saying my fellow preggo cousin! I have gotten a few of the same comments too, and I am only at 23/24 weeks. Of course this is number 2 so I am much bigger at this point than I was with Lauren. Hang in there, you are almost done and you look great! And don't worry, labor and delivery will be fine.

The Quesenberry Family said...

Oh my word...I've gotten the same comments! I was even going to write a blog about it :0)! It's unbelievable the things people say!! I had one woman ask me if I was sure it wasn't twins, another one tell me that I've gotten a lot fatter since the last time she saw me, and my all time favorite...Oh look, your feet are starting to swell. Where are people's censors?! You really do look AMAZING though!!! You are a beautiful pregnant woman! Pat even was bragging on you in the office!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

You look GREAT! I can only hope I'm as cute as you when I get pregnant...seriously!!!! 6 more weeks will be here before you know it!!!!!