Friday, November 14, 2008

Break out the fine China, Let's EAT!

So, since I will be 35 weeks pregnant at Thanksgiving my doctor informed me I couldn't go to Savannah, my hometown, for Thanksgiving. I have to admit I experienced a wave of emotions...sad, mad, disappointed, depressed. I mean what was I going to do? Cook a big 'ole meal for just me and Justin? I think not. Also, I hadn't been home since May and I love to spend holidays in the house I grew up in with my family. Not only that, my mom and sister were planning on throwing me a shower while we were there. I was so looking forward to seeing old friends and church family.
After a couple of days of trying to figure out what we were going to do, we came to a conclusion...my family is coming to my house for Thanksgiving!! That's right break out the fine China and let's eat! My mom, dad, sister, bro-in-law, neice, and uncle will be here, in Orlando all together. I can hardly contain myself! My bro-in-law, Josh and my Uncle Artie haven't seen our house at all since we bought it. Of course they will not be all staying with us, since our house is on the smaller side, but they will all be here, I will get to use my wedding china that I've never used before, I get to hang out with my neice Madison and show my family the wonders of Orlando (and my growing belly). Now...how do I get Justin to get the Christmas tree and decorations up in time for Thanksgiving?...we'll see.
I hope everyone else is looking forward to the quickly approaching holiday season. Mine is sure to be filled with love, food, fun, and maybe even a new addition to our family!

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you! My parents are coming to Rochester for thanksgiving too & I can't wait!

BrittanyWebb said...

That's awesome to have your family come to you! We're switching up our holiday routine this year too. All the parents are coming to our house for Thanksgiving. And I am getting ready to put up my tree tomorrow! Good times.