Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wonderfully Made

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well."

Psalms 139:14



Lately I have been really thinking on this verse and the wonders of the human body. Maybe it's because mine is growing and changing so much to make room for our son. It's amazing to me how wonderfully God made our bodies. He created us, women, to create new life. We nourish it, we keep it warm, we provide for it while it's being formed and even after birth!



What an awesome responsibility!!



While my body is ever changing as the weeks go by, I can't help but think about all of the intricacies that must be in place for women. What a miracle!



Random thought: Also, have you thought about Elbows? Why do our arms fold in like they do? I'm convinced it's to nestle our babies as close to our bodies as possible or to give big hugs to those you love. Thank God for elbows!!! While elbows certainly aren't the most intricate part of our bodies, there are so many things about the human form that I can't wrap my brain around.

God's amazing...don't cha think?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi Julie!! Miss your blogs!! And I meant to tell you that I added you to a blogroll list -- www.dztalumni.com! Can't wait to hear more about this baby boy!!