Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Friends...


This past week I got the privilege to see and visit with a friend of mine, Cameron Kist Sedgewick (I hope I spelled that right!).  I just have to say it is so refreshing to see old friends and to catch up on lost time.  

You know you have a good friend when you can pick up right where you left off!  I wish we would have had more time!!!

Cameron and her hubby, Brad were on their vacation in Clearwater and decided to come to O-town and visit Universal Studios.  I'm so glad they called us!!! We met them at Bubba Gumps Restaurant on City Walk.  It was good but the conversation was better.  When our dinner was over we didn't want to leave...so we went back to our house and talked and visited.  We were up until 12:30 am and decided it was time to say goodbyes.  They had to drive all the way back to Clearwater and I had to work the next morning.

Friends are great.  I think I took for granted the quality of friends I had while at Lee.  I even think I missed out on some friendships that I should have capitalized on.  I guess insecurities held me back to a certain extent.  It's even held me back here in Orlando.  I have begun to make some really great friends here, but it hasn't been without much hesitation and doubt.  Maybe one of these days I'll get over myself and realized the potential of people around me and open up a lot more!

No comments: