Thursday, August 21, 2008

50 Things About ME!

My sister did this on her MySpace and I got a kick out of it. Figured anyone who reads my blog would enjoy also. Here ya go, happy reading.

1. I’m only 4 ft. 11 ½ although I claim 5 ft.
2. I love to get pedicures. I think I’d get one every week if I could afford it; however, I never paint my fingernails.
3. I know how to crochet.
4. I sometimes enjoy doing laundry.
5. I have been singing at church since I was 4 years old. I stood on a box.
6. I will do anything to avoid using a public restroom.
7. I have a tendency to be a germ freak. I’m always afraid of catching someone else’s stuff. At work I’m known as the Clorox Wipe Queen. (Having a kid should be interesting.)
8. Having order in my life is a must. Unorganization drives me nuts.
9. We buy everything on sale. Even our furniture- sometimes we buy it damaged and fix it up.
10. I don’t know how to ride a bike.
11. I would rather do anything than throw up. I can’t stand the feeling and avoid it at all costs. (Good thing I didn’t have morning sickness!!)
12. I look like my mom, have skin like my dad, and have my uncle’s blue eyes.
13. I’m a bit headstrong and like it when other people admit they are wrong.
14. I am extremely uptight. (Not a quality I’m proud of.)
15. My dream job would be either an event planner or a hair stylist.
16. I’m really good with my hands, and extremely clumsy with my feet.
17. I don’t like being alone.
18. I am extremely afraid of thunderstorms. (Not good since I live in the lightening capitol of the world.)
19. I love sweets. (chocolate chip cookies and milk are my weapon of choice)
20. I have only had one cavity and I got it this year. L
21. I’m addicted to coloring my hair. I enjoy the change, but not the expense.
22. I can pretty much justify any purchase I “need” to make.
23. My husband and I have the same initials. (JMJ)
24. I really don’t like to read.
25. I’m addicted to Google.
26. I could eat Chick-fil-A every morning for breakfast and not get tired of it!
27. I love to be on stage. I think I missed my calling to be an actress.
28. I know how to play the handbells.
29. Most of the time I would rather order takeout and eat at home than go out to eat.
30. I am horrible at correspondence.
31. I hate scary movies.
32. I don’t ride roller coasters and get sick in a car.
33. I love surprises but don’t like to wait.
34. I’m extremely affectionate and don’t understand it when others aren’t.
35. One of my biggest pet peeves is when slow people are in the fast lane or when they take 10 years to turn.
36. I love to eat pasta. I think I’m ½ Italian. However I think I could live off of just bread!!
37. If you asked me who my best friend was, I’d say my husband.
38. My sister and I are really close. We’ve come a long way since she used to slap me around. J
39. My favorite time of year is from October to December. I love the weather, holidays from work, good food, family time and gifts!
40. I love that I married into a huge family. Mine is relatively small.
41. I shot a squirrel once.
42. I used to want to be an outdoorsy girl. Let’s just say things have changed.
43. My sister named me when I was born.
44. I could sit at the mall all day and watch people.
45. I love the beach but am supposed to stay out of the sun. I’ve had a few pre-cancerous scares.
46. I’m a bit unadventurous when it comes to trying something new. I’d rather stick to what I know and am comfortable with.
47. I hate being in crowded places. I tend to freak out. Think I’m secretly afraid that I’ll get lost in a sea of tall people.
48. I used to play with toy cars and transformers as a child. (there were Barbie’s also - I wasn’t a total boy)
49. I don’t like roses. To me they are morbid and remind me of funerals.
50. I love old people. When I see them I get a bit teary-eyed. Maybe it’s because I don’t have any grandparents left.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Julie... that's a great 50! #41 made me giggle. Thanks for sharing!!!

Josh Lane said...

copycatter copycatter boom tish rah

joyce

ps
I still slap you around