Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Job

Well folks, I have a new job! That's right. God is so good. Hang tight, and read below for a true picture of God's favor!

I have been working at my current job, an investment firm, for almost 6 years. I have no doubt in my mind that I was supposed to work here for a season, I just didn't know how long that season would be. I have truly had the BEST boss anyone could ever ask for and have learned so much while here. I was able to wear many different hats and gain quite a bit of responsibility for the company. However, since i didn't want to get the required licenses, I didn't really have anywhere to go in the company. I was content because I HAD a job with a wonderful boss.
I wasn't really looking for a job when the new opportunity presented itself to me. A friend of mine from church said she thought I would be a great fit for the place where she works, a prestigious private school here in town. (Lake Highland Prep School) I thought well that could be a good fit. So, I sent in my resume. It was for a position in the Admissions office. (I had previous admissions experience while attending Lee University, so i hoped that might stand out on my resume) I didn't get my hopes up. I truly put it in God's hands. I prayed "Your will be done, Lord!". I heard there were around 100 applicants. I thought my chances were slim.
I got a call for an interview! I was one of 10. It went well. I enjoyed talking to the Director of Admissions. She was so warm and I thought we clicked.
I got a call 2 weeks later. Another interview to meet the staff in that office. I was one of 3.
I week later i got a call and she offered me the job. WOW!! Now the clincher. Would the pay be comparable to my current income?! IT IS!!! And there are tons of perks. I get 2 weeks off at Christmas, 1 week off at Thanksgiving, Fall Break, Spring Break and all the other school holidays with the exception that I work through the summers. Oh and the huge thing...Judah gets to go there starting with K-4 all the way through 12th grade. What a fantastic education he will get. Oh and it's a faith-based school.
God was totally orchestrating all of it. I didn't have to ask off of work for either of the interviews, I just happened to already be off. Also, i have always said that "working in a school is an ideal job for a working mom". I just never thought i had the chance to do that because I didn't have a teaching degree or certification. GOD knew better.
I accepted the job and i start on Monday!!! I am excited and nervous about the change. But, i know that GOD has planned this out for me. Even all the way back 10 years ago when I got the job in Admissions at Lee. He knew this was in my future. WOW. God is SO good.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you",declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

2 comments:

emily said...

Congrats!! Lake Highland has a great reputation in Orlando! That is going to be a great job for you and a great place to send your son! Where do you guys live in Orlando? I grew up in Maitland, my parents still live there.

Jules said...

Hey girl! I didn't know you grew up here. We live in Conway. Justin is the youth Pastor at Christ Church of Orlando the old Orange Ave. COG. I'm very excited about this opportunity!!