Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ode to Justin

So, my awesome husband and best friend, Justin Michael Johnson turned the big 3-0 recently. We were so blessed by friends and family and it was actually a birthday week filled with dinners and fun surprises. Thanks to all who made it so awesome! I wasn't able to get him anything for his actual birthday since my gift to him will be coming up in November...I'm taking him to NEW YORK!!! We will be going with another couple and I'm so excited. This is only my second time going and Justin is a virgin New Yorker. We plan on doing all things touristy and of course seeing a Broadway show...fingers crossed for West Side Story! At his big Birthday dinner, since there was no gift to present, I wrote this silly little poem. Just thought I would share. Enjoy!

Ode to Justin

On July 30, 2010 you turned the big 3-0
You’re three decades old; I can’t believe it’s so.
I’ve decided that three decades of Justin are worth a deeper look.
Let’s see all the good dirt I dug up.

From ages 1 to 10 I hear you were quite a mess
All boy and full of energy of which was impossible to repress.
Your mom, dad and brother were curious to see if you would ever mellow
At 30 it’s safe to say, you’re still a child at heart and still a handful of a fellow.

Ages 11 to 20 were trying as well.
You were wild, and in wrecks and as crazy as all…well…
I say you were crazy but a momma’s boy you were or shall I say, are
Involved in Church and lover of the arts, you were a shooting star.
You grew up, well at least in height
And I must say you turned into quite a handsome sight.
You’re so talented that you became semi-famous
And got to travel with a singing group called Truth and dealt with people who were quite ignoramus.

Ages 21 to present you started to see the light
You finally asked Julie out, she’s for sure your Mrs. Right
Lee University opened so many doors,
From traveling the world with Campus Choir to induction into Theta oh man were you sore.
From Video Yearbook, working at M&M Mars and attending formals galore
But most of all you got your degree, couldn’t ask for anything more.

You married Julie in July of 05
And moved to Orlando of all places, what a surprise.
An awesome Youth Pastor you became
You love these teens but most of all when you hang with them, silliness is still your claim to fame.

We began our lives together and bought a home
With a Mortgage and responsibility I guess you could say we became “growned”.
So we decided to build our family and a daddy you did become,
Judah Avery was such a great addition to our family sum!

You are so talented with an ability to do many things, of this let’s explore
As a videographer extrodinar, you edit videos and love it to the core.
Photographer professional you’ve recently become,
Starting a side business for some extra income.
Singing has always been a talent you hold
You think you’re just OKAY, we’ll I’m your #1 fan and hearing you sing will never get old!
There’s so many other talents, too many to name,
Just don’t forget the little people when you head off to fame.

Another year older, just a sign I’d say
Of the fact that the 20’s are long gone and it’s time to face a new day.
Days of more grey hair and another kid, I hope
Or maybe just more opportunities to give you a humorous age poke.

Years 30 plus are looking bright.
As long as we’re together, we’ll do it up right.
You are loved by many but please take note,
We are here for YOU, Birthday boy, and that’s all she wrote.

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

way to go Jules! That was great!!!