Monday, August 30, 2010

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Lately I have come to the realization that I listen to the devil's lies more than I should. I have always been an insecure person. I struggled with an eating disorder as a teen and always compared myself to others. I would think, you're not good enough, you're ugly, you're fat, your too short, you don't sing good enough, you're not smart enough....the list goes on and on.
Lies. All lies.
I have listened to the devil far too much in my life. Granted, I'm not as bad as I used to be as far as insecurities go, but in this phase of my life, Worry seems to be what the devil tortures me with. What if Judah gets sick...what if I'm not a good mom...where's the money going to come from...what if my husband stops loving me...what if, what if, what if....
Lies. All lies.
I have been challenged lately to truly search for God's truth in the thoughts of my mind.
2 Corinthians 10:5 (Message)
"We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers, erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ."
God, let me use your truth to compare the thoughts of my mind to. Help me separate your truth from the enemy's trash.