Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Voluminous Life

So I read a couple of online devotionals everyday and one I read yesterday struck me and truly is my heart's desire. Here it is in a nutshell. I hope it makes you think too! :)

Have you ever heard someone say, "That speaks volumes to me"? What does that really mean? Whatever they heard went beyond their ears to their heart or life. I want to be a Christian that speaks volumes into the lives of those around me. Not through Bible studies or intimate conversations with others, or even through this blog...no, I want to speak volumes through my LIFE. I want to live a visible life to others- transparent, not hypocritical. I must live out loud without hesitancy, without apology and without fear. (That's a tall order!) I must ask myself these series of questions:

Am I insulating myself in a Christian bubble that eliminates me from encountering people who need Jesus?

Am I sharing stories of what Jesus means to me and has done for me with those I encounter?

Am I standing grounded in God's word/promises and praying without ceasing?

Am I the same person behind closed doors that I am around others?

Am I readily admitting my own faults and struggles to others?

Am I quick to forgive others, to not judge them and to try to see them through God's eyes and not my own?

What would my family and friends say about who I really am?

What would God say about who I really am? Who am I when no one else is looking?


....Think on these things. Live a VOLUMINOUS LIFE!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This is good stuff, Julie! Thanks for sharing it!