Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Things I miss...

1-I miss my friends and Family. Not that I don't have friends here in Orlando, or a church "family", but I miss my old friends and my family being close. I feel like we are in no-man's-land down here in FL. We are like, at least, a 5-6 hour drive from everyone (except Justin's family who is thankfully about 1 1/2 hours away).
2-I miss being spontaneous. Yeah, this pretty much goes out the window when you have kids. It's not a bad thing, you just have to plan, plan, plan!
3- I miss going shopping. It seems before we owned a house (and had a healthy mortgage), we would go shopping every to every other weekend. Not big ticket items, but none-the-less, we would drop money for clothes, decor, whatever! We never went outside our budget, but we did in fact have a budget for luxuries. So I guess I would also tie into this one that I miss date nights with my husband, since that is also a luxury. We used to go out every Friday night and spend time together at a restaurant or the movies. Now, it's limited to when we have a gift card or free babysitting. (both of which I am SO grateful for!)
4- I miss college days. In college it seemed then that I had SO much responsibility with taking care of the house my parents bought for Joyce and I, paying bills, cramming for finals, traveling all over with Campus Choir, having a part-time job, staying really involved with my Greek Club (shout out to my DZT sisters), and maintaining relationships. My, how the word RESPONSIBILITY has changed!!

I didn't decide to write this post in a woe-is-me way, or for sympathy from my few readers, I was simply reflecting about how my life has changed in the past 4-5 years. I realize life is full of changes and I wouldn't be moving forward unless things changed, but just wanted to reflect. I DO love my life, where it has taken me. I adore my hot husband and my precious baby Judah. I DO feel we are in God's will here in Orlando. But, I DO miss all of those things. What to you miss?

3 comments:

BrittanyWebb said...

I would like to give a big "DITTO" to all of that. Well, except the kids part, but one day...

Hope you are well!

Shawn Virginia said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Jules. Adam and I feel the same way up here in Virginia. 4 1/2 hours from his family, 8 from mine. It also feels sometimes like all your friends all live in the same place (oh wait, they do- Cleveland:-)), without you. It can definitely get lonely. I guess the biggest lesson that I've learned is that God couldn't have shown me alot of the things he has done if I was surrounded by so many people all the time. He knows that I wouldn't listen as well as I have learned to since I've been up here. Be encouraged that it's not forever. It's just a short time and who knows where we'll all be in 5 years:-) Love ya girl- Hang in there:-)

The Quesenberry Family said...

I have definitely been havin these exact feelings! Pretty much everything in your blog as been my feelings lately, ha!