Thursday, July 9, 2009

Through the Fire...

It's times like these that the reality and meaning of that phrase come alive to me. It's always so uncomfortable to go through trials and personal issues. I'm convinced that God is always with me, but yet I worry. Why is that? Is it because i don't have my full Trust in HIM? I cannot tell you how many times I have surrendered to the beast of WORRY. Why is it that the minute things get "hot" it rears it's ugly head?
Fire: (n) Destructive burning, continuous attack, a gem's brilliance.
Seriously, whoever wrote the dictionary must have been spirit-filled. (LOL) I love the last interpretation. I know that without going through the fire I can be refined like a fine gem. I know at the end of these trials I will shine with God's revelation to me. There is a reason it hurts, growing pains I guess. I pray I don't loose sight of WHO is in control. God make me stronger than I am and to fully depend on you, my Provider.

2 comments:

lindsay rae said...

desert song lyrics (hillsong)

Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Jules said...

Thanks Linds...Hope you are doing well. God Bless.