Monday, July 6, 2009

Roly Poly

Well, Judah is really growing! Much has happened lately. He will be 6 months old in 2 days. I cannot believe it. He is eating cereal and sweet potatoes now. He loves food! He's up to 18 pounds now! Judah started trying to crawl this past weekend. (Go to Justin's blog for the video.) I know he's going to be into everything very soon. Lord help! I'm SO not ready for that. Gone are the days of just laying Judah on the couch while I prep his bottle. He is rolling and scooting around everywhere!
Another trick we have been using since he has been fighting sleep like no other, is playing worship music in his room at night. We've always known that music puts him to sleep (it did when he was in my belly too!) so we've been doing that at night. If he doesn't fall asleep when I rock him and them put him down, we just lay him in is crib and he eventually will roll over get comfy and fall asleep to the music. He's also gotten really good at putting his pacifier back in his mouth, so that's good! Judah is also sleeping up to 10 or 11 hours at night. PTL!!
He really is such a sweetheart. His personality is really shining through. He will certainly be active though. I promise, he would get up and walk if he was strong enough. The bright side to that is, maybe with me chasing him I'll shed this extra weight that is STILL here after 6 months.
Can you tell I'm a little bitter about the weight thing. Seriously it's the most frustrating thing. I have never had a weight problem. It seems that this 10 lbs will just be there for-ev-er. I thought for sure it would fall off, especially after I stopped nursing. I guess I better start running it off now. It's just so darn hot and we can't afford a gym membership. Besides, I'm convinced it's hormone related. Even if I hardly eat anything, my number doesn't budge!! So frustrating. Oh well, I'm trying to stay positive that there is a way. Any suggestions out there? I'm open!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, I have a friend from Lee who was very fit and skinny before becoming preggers, and she had a really difficult time losing weight after her first baby, despite workouts 6 days a week with a trainer! They did test her hormones; she had some deficiencies, and once she had some hormone therapy, she was able to lose the weight.

Though that's prob pretty rare, you can have your doctor at least check out your B vitamin levels, etc. And remember: girl, you are only 6 months out - it takes your body awhile to recover!! I know how hard it is; I've weighed more and still not had thighs that looked like this! Hope you can make peace with the process (I'm still working on it, too!) :)